Attic air sealing is typically overlooked by homeowners when they consider updating their insulation inside their home. Many homes in Minnesota are lacking attic air sealing and could see savings and additional comfort with an updated attic.
Here is how attic air sealing helps keep money in your pocket:
– Diminishes Stack Effect: The stack effect is a major cause for cold drafts throughout the house.
– Prevents Air Leakage: Air leakage through your rooftop can equal up to one window being open. Sealing your attic reduces your monthly energy bills.
– Moisture In Attic: Sealing the cracks leading into your attic mitigates the amount of moisture that causes rot, mold, and mildew. It also reduces water vapor from condensing on your roof deck during the winter and raining down on your insulation come spring time.
Air leaks can often be detected simply by feel. A cold draft is a common sign to air leaking into your home from the outside. However, there are cases in which small air leaks can not be detected by the common homeowner. These small air leaks go unnoticed and cost you money in the long run.
Here is how we detect air leaks:
– Professional Trained Installers: Our crews are in-house and certified by BPI. Our installers are trusted by Xcel Energy, Center Point Energy, and Minnesota Energy Resources. We qualify for all three energy rebate programs.
– Blower Door: Our company is trained to use a blower door on all projects to help detect major and minor air leaks in your home. A blower door magnifies the air leaks in your home by depressurizing your home. This air sealing tool combined with others helps our professional insulation installers find all your small air leaks.
– Thermal Gun: A thermal gun is a great way to find temperature changes inside your home. Using the thermal gun and blower door together is a great way to find all the air leaks that are costing you money.
– Smoke Bottle: A smoke bottle is used with a blower door to confirm where air is moving inside the home. This is another insulating tool that let’s our installers know your home is air tight.
Your house likely leaks 1.5 to 3 times as much as it should. This means that you are paying for heat and cool air that escapes outside too quickly. We are trained to seal these leaks and make your house run more efficiently. A more efficient house equals lower energy bills and less maintenance on your furnace.
You deserve a BPI certified insulation installer for your property. You'll be eligible for all MN Insulation Rebate programs and experience top-notch service on your insulation project. You'll notice a big improvement in your energy bills and comfort level!