Replacement and Installation Windows Minneapolis
1. Start of residential replacement windows installation process
Our professional window installers and carpenters arrive as scheduled in one of our self-contained shops on wheels. In many cases, much of our work can be done outside of your home. This virtually eliminates sawdust and allows for a much cleaner and safer work environment.
2. Airtight and water tight replacement windows installation
Our window installers and carpenters are specially trained to keep moisture and air from entering around your new windows. This means that on most window installations we can create a waterproof seal around window openings utilizing self-sealing adhesive membranes called Ice and Water Shield. Ice and Water Shield membranes work with the home’s moisture barrier to help weatherproof your window openings.
3. End of day cleanup
At the end of every day as well as the end of the replacement window installation project, our personnel clean the entire work area, ensuring the area is free of nails or any other materials that may risk injury to children, pets or car tires.
4. Finishing the replacement window installation
Due to the fact that we are one of the Twin Cities leading exterior remodeling companies, we are able to handle any siding and trim issues, which may occur during a window installation project. If necessary, for an additional charge, we can stain or paint the interior and exterior of your windows.
A Project Manager is assigned specifically to your window replacement job and will be involved in each step until completion.
New Construction Window (Full Frame Replacement)
A full frame window replacement is installed by removing the entire window and installing brand new components. The best time for a full frame replacement is:
- The old window is falling apart or deteriorating
- You want to be energy efficient.
- A larger opening is required by fire codes
- The existing window frame doesn’t allow window inserts.
Retrofit Window (Window Only Replacement)
An insert window or retrofit window is a replacement window that is installed into an old or existing opening. Insert window installation is the best choice when:
- The old window sill and frame are in good condition and square.
- The insert can be installed into the current construction and remain structurally sound.
- The casing and trim need to remain in place during the installation.