Hail Damage Maps Minneapolis | Storm Restoration
Hail damage is a common occurrence. Depending on the size of the hailstorms or even the severity of the storm, it can be particularly damaging to cars, buildings, homes, and even roofs. However, paying attention to Minnesota’s hail damage maps can help you track down past storms that may have been in your area to help make a claim.
Hail Storm Fun Facts
– Hail is typically present during highly severe storms, particularly storms with high winds, rain, and lightning.
– Largest hailstone on record in the US was 1.94 pounds.
– Minnesota is one of the states in the Midwest that received a great deal of hailstorms.
Minnesota hail damage maps are updated frequently to provide current potential Minnesota storm damage information to homeowners. This can help homeowners take action on any storm damage that may have occurred in the past 1-2 years.
Minnesota Hail Damage Areas
Hailstorms can do significant damage to a home that property owners should consider. All damaged areas can typically be covered by your home insurance policy.
– Gutters can be damaged and need repair or replacement.
– Roofs can be bruised and battered by storm and decrease life of shingle.
– Siding can be splintered or cracked allowing elements to infiltrate your foundation.
What are other signs that your roof may be affected by storm damage?
Hail storms can cause granule loss on asphalt shingles which lowers life expectancy of roof. Granules protect shingle from wear and tear due to common weather. In the long run your damaged shingles will lead to other larger problems such as mold growth and structural damage.
For Property and Homeowners
So what should you do if you notice hail damage after a recent storm?
1. Call a professional roof inspector to examine your home. (MN License Contractor)
2. Notify your homeowner’s insurance company and set adjuster appointment.
3. Coordinate adjuster and roofing professional to meet on-site to inspect your roof.
4. Use MN Hail Damage Maps to determine date of storm damage to your property.
Minneapolis Storm Damage Tips
– 2-year timeline – Most homeowner’s insurance policies give you 2-years to file a claim. But don’t wait until the last minute as the claim’s process can be delayed due to high-volume of claims.
– Use a licensed and professional contractor to handle your claim. They’ll make sure the insurance company covers your entire project including your roof, gutters, windows, and siding if they were damaged.
– Check with your neighbors – Are they getting a roof replacement after a hail storm? Ask them if they’re filing an insurance claim. This is always a good indicator that your home was damaged by a hail storm.
Free Roof Inspection
Still wondering about how hail damage maps can help get you a free roof? Contact your Minnesota contractor today to find out how hail damage maps can help property and homeowners take the precautions needed to keep homes and roofs safe from hail damage.