How to Protect Your Roof
Minneapolis, Minnesota is exposed to harsh weather. This harsh weather can do damage to your roof over time. Whether it is rain, wind, sun, hail, or snow, these conditions can wreck havoc on a roof, if it is not properly maintained. How should you protect your roof? You can first start by contacting Minneapolis roofing contractors Stinson Services.
• One of the first things you should do in protecting your roof is to survey the roof and look for items that may need attention. When the sun hits the shingles on your roof for an extended amount of time, they will start to curl (typically on the south slope first). Extensive curling causes the shingle mat to be exposed and thus leads to potential water damage. Rain and snow can get underneath the shingles and cause severe damage to the wood and roof structure. If your shingles are damaged or broken, this is a telling sign that your roof needs work.
• Re-shingling a roof has a number of steps to it. Minnesota building code requires the removal of old shingles before laying the new ones down. Ensure the proper roof underlayments are installed to protect against ice and snow. Once the old shingles are removed you will need to nail down new ones and make sure they are trimmed to fit. Each shingle should be secured properly with four nails.
• Another sign to pay attention to is the shape of the granules. The granules protect the shingles from UV damage. As the granules diminish over time, moisture can seep through the shingles and cause water damage. One of the ways to inspect for granule loss is by looking in your gutters and drainpipes for corroded granules.
• Watch out for unlicensed contractors. There are several reasons you should seek out roofing contractors in Minneapolis for your roofing needs. Some property owners may look for local Minneapolis contractors who are cheap but the sad reality is that this could end up costing you more money in the end. There are many Minneapolis roofing companies out there that have worked on projects with unqualified and unlicensed Minneapolis contractors. You could end up paying thousands of dollars to have a professional contractor come back and fix what you already had paid for just to have it done right.
• If you want to find the best Minneapolis roofing services for your roofing needs, you’ll want to find a Minneapolis roofing company that is dedicated to their customers and has a proven record of high quality dependable service.
There are a couple things a homeowner can do to help protect their roof. There are warning signs that one can recognize prior to roof damage becoming a real problem. However, if you are looking to hire a professional Minnesota roofing contractor, you can check out roofing contractors MN on Angieslist.
When considering a professional Minneapolis roofing company, consider Stinson Services for your next roofing project. Stinson Services can handle roofing projects of all sizes and knows how important trust is in home repair.
All in all, Stinson Services is one of the most sought after Minneapolis roofing contractors. free estimate and will come examine your roof to make sure that you are getting the proper installation system you need. They will make sure that you are getting the crucial components of every installation system, a steady roofing deck, or any other material required for your roof structure. They will also reinforce the leak barrier on the roof to make sure that it is of the highest quality as well as a solid roofing deck protection. Stinson Services will also make sure that you have quality roof shingles, no matter what material they are made from and will also ensure proper attic ventilation. If you’re roof is in need of a tune up don’t be afraid to reach out to Stinson Services. We are here to help you and your home.