If it is time to replace your roofing and you are considering metal, here are some of the most important pros and cons of using metal roofing in Minneapolis, the material that you should know about:
- Durability – a metal roof that is installed properly and taken care of appropriately can last for up to four decades;
- Resistance to the elements and other damage – metal can endure excessive amounts of sunshine, rain and snow, it can stand up to high winds and strong storms and it is impervious to rot, mildew, fire and insects;
- It is lightweight, easy to install and its maintenance needs are very low;
- Uninsulated metal panels can be noisy, especially when it rains with large drops or winds are howling. However, the noise can be reduced with suitable insulation;
- Metal is also sensitive to mechanical impact, your metal roof may become dented by large hail or if large objects, such as tree limbs fall on it;
- Other materials are cheaper – metal is not the most expensive roofing material, but there are others that are less expensive;
- Not a very efficient thermal barrier – you will need to insulate your metal roof to prevent energy loss through its surface.